Almost Ready for Baby!
I feel like I need at least another week to get ready before the baby comes, but two of the things that really needed to happen before the baby's arrival are: getting the baby's bed ready and packing my bag for the hospital.
Yesterday we bought a cradle sheet & bumper set and a cradle mattress and we made the baby's bed...so now he finally has a place to sleep in case he comes early. We got a cute little cream colored Winnie the Pooh blanket as a shower gift and it matched perfectly. We also had a little blue crocheted blanket that my Grandma Ransom gave us and hung it on the end of the cradle and put a few stuffed animals inside. It looks so cute. I feel so relieved now and every time I look at the cradle in my room it makes me smile. I can't wait to put a baby inside it!!
We preregistered at the American Fork hospital on Tuesday and I'm going to pack my hospital bag today and put the baby's car seat in the car, so we'll be ready.
Last night we also cleared out the baby's room, because it has been serving as a guest room for the month of December. On Saturday we are FINALLY going to set up the crib and dresser and Peter and Chrizelle are coming over to help us paint the nursery, put up the jungle themed wall mural, and install a chair railing. I'm so excited!
I've been so busy for the last few months that I haven't had time to do much nesting at all. I've been dying to give my house a deep clean these past few weeks, but I've been too afraid that it would put me into labor. So, as soon as everything is done at work next week and I start my leave, I'm getting the scrub brush and rubber gloves and going to town! I'm also going to have the carpet cleaners come on Monday.
The baby has been kicking like crazy and last night Israel's mom and dad got to feel the baby moving around. On New Year's Eve Chrizelle finally got to feel the baby kick for the first time, too! I'm trying to enjoy my last few days of being pregnant. It's really been a wonderful experience and I know it sounds crazy, but I'm actually going to miss it. Our next doctor's appointment is on Monday, so I will keep everyone posted!
Comments
I'm glad you have that out of the way. Now you can relax, I think it would be horrible packing a bag in such a hurry...imagine.
I hope you don't mind having a hamster help you out tomorrow with the room...unexpectedly had my wisdoom tooth removed this morning, no fun! Now I have a hamster face:-)